Statistics show that women are more likely to continue on with their breastfeeding journey if they have support from other breastfeeding mums.
For years, myself (Siaba Tumoe, founder of Boo.b ) and Maria Betworth (a breastfeeding specialist), have been providing breastfeeding mothers with practical and moral support via our social media platforms. Now we are pleased to be able to do so via our Breastfeeding Cafe.
We are taking breastfeeding support out of a clinical setting and cold church halls and bringing it to you in a beautiful, relaxed and social environment. So mothers get the professional breastfeeding advice they seek along side socialising and connecting with the wider breastfeeding community.
I breastfed my own son for 13 months so I know exactly how important decent professional breastfeeding and moral support is during your breastfeeding journey. Maria Betworth is currently 15 months into her second breastfeeding journey and works as a breastfeeding specialist in NSH hospitals. As Londoners the one thing we both noticed during our breastfeeding journey’s is that MORE breastfeeding support is needed here in the UK. It is also the feedback we have gotten from our combined 18,000+ social media following of breastfeeding mothers all over the UK.
Come along to the cafe/social even if you are pregnant and thinking of breastfeeding, a newbie or well established breastfeeder.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Group and one-to-one breastfeeding support from a breastfeeding specialist. Plus a free follow-up chat with a breastfeeding specialist after the cafe at a convienient time for you.
- Plenty of breastfeeding related goodies to take home from well known breastfeeding brands as well as small brands.
- FREE selection of vegan and non vegan cakes to enjoy.
- FREE Hot beverages and cold drinks.
- A warm, relaxed and non judgmental environment where you can voice all your questions and concerns.
- Ample opportunity to mingle and connect with other like minded breastfeeding women from all over London.
- Boo.B lactation smoothies will be available to buy for a special price of 15% off.
11am – 11:30 Guest arrive and get themselves hot drink at cafe.
11:30 – 11:45 Introduction to Boo.b and the products.
11:45 – 11:55 Introduction from Breastfeeding Councillor
11:55 – 12:15 whole group Q&A session with Breastfeeding councillor.
12:15- 1:15 Break to eat CAKE (vegan options available) and for mothers to chat between themselves.
1:15 – 2pm Resume group Q&A session and then final word from Boo.b founder.
Tickets are sold out.